1 the forceful insertion of a substance under pressure
2 any solution that is injected (as into the skin) [syn: injectant]
3 the act of putting a liquid into the body by means of a syringe; "the nurse gave him a flu shot" [syn: shot]
- The act of injecting, or something that is injected.
- In the context of "specifically|medicine": Something injected subcutaneously, intravenously, or intramuscularly by use of a syringe and a needle.
- A function that maps distinct x in the domain to distinct y in the codomain; formally, a f: X → Y such that f(a) = f(b) implies a = b for any a, b in the domain.
- Croatian: injekcija
- Czech: injekce
- Finnish: injektio
- German: Injektion
- Swedish: injektion
Injection may refer to:
- Injection (medicine), a method of putting liquid into the body with a syringe and a hollow needle that punctures the skin.
- Injective function in mathematics, a function which associates distinct arguments to distinct values
- Injection molding, a manufacturing technique for making parts from thermoplastic material
- Injection (economics), a financial boost entered into the economic cycle, includes government spending, investment and exports
- Injected (band), an American rock band from Atlanta, Georgia formed in 1995
- Code injection, a technique in computer science for exploiting vulnerabilities in computer programs due to erroneous assumption by designers.
- Dependency injection, a programming design pattern and architectural model, sometimes also referred to as inversion of control
- Fuel injection, a means of metering fuel into an internal combustion engine
- SQL injection, a security vulnerability that occurs in the database layer of an application
injection in German: Injektion
injection in Spanish: Inyección
injection in French: Injection
injection in Italian: Iniezione
injection in Lithuanian: Injekcija
injection in Japanese: インジェクション
injection in Russian: Инъекция (значения)
injection in Slovak: Injekcia
injection in Slovenian: Injekcija
Earth insertion, LEM, LM, antitoxin, apogee, aside, attitude-control rocket, bag, ballistic capsule, bang, booster, booster dose, booster shot, brewing, burn, capsule, deck, deep-space ship, docking, docking maneuver, dose, draft, drench, drenching, dropping, drug packet, ducking, dunking, embedment, encroachment, entrance, entrenchment, episode, ferry rocket, fix, fuel ship, graft, grafting, hit, hypodermic, hypodermic injection, imbruement, imbuement, impaction, impactment, impingement, implantation, imposition, impregnation, incursion, infiltration, infix, infixion, influx, infringement, infusion, inoculation, inroad, insert, insertion, insinuation, intercalation, interference, interjection, interlineation, interlocution, interloping, interpolation, interposition, interposure, interruption, intervention, introduction, intromission, intrusion, invasion, irruption, jet injection, leaching, lixiviation, lunar excursion module, lunar module, maceration, mainlining, manned rocket, module, moon ship, multistage rocket, narcotic injection, narcotic shot, obiter dictum, obtrusion, orbit, overdose, parenthesis, parking orbit, penetration, percolation, perfusion, perigee, permeation, popping, portion, potion, pulping, reentry, remark, rocket, saturation, seething, shooting up, shot, shuttle rocket, side remark, skin-popping, soak, soakage, soaking, soft landing, sopping, souse, sousing, space capsule, space docking, space rocket, spacecraft, spaceship, steeping, tessellation, tossing-in, transplant, transplantation, trespass, trespassing, unlawful entry, vaccination, vaccine